Uninstall IE8 and Rollback to IE7

Oct 10, 2009



I recently installed the new Internet Explorer 8 to try some of its new features but was soon disappointed. There were many bugs causing many sites to not work and some sites were not being displayed properly. The browser would just crash at times, so I decided to go back to Internet Explorer 7.

I uninstalled IE8 from Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs>Add/Remove Windows components. After that when I tried to install IE7 I was faced with the following message
"Setup cannot continue because a more recent version of Internet Explorer has been detected on this computer".

It turns out IE8 does not get completely unistalled and to completely remove it you need to run the spuninst.exe found at this location: "C:\WINDOWS\ie8\spuninst\spuninst.exe". Once complete it will ask to restart and after that you can install IE7 once again.


 
 
 
free counters 
HTML Hit Counter