USB device is not recognized Solve your problem

Sep 17, 2009

hello friends,
I am suffering with a serious problem, its a common one though and I found many matches searching on google but none of them could resolve my problem.

First of all i describe where the problem started from,

I have purchased a new laptop having Windows vista and a new USB device. At first the USB device was working fine but today, when I plugged in the USB device I got the the message

"USB device is not recognized" and after a while the " Installing softwarefor new device" is displayed followed by finished successfuly.

but I didn't get any removable device in windows explorer.

One more thing, I always get the icon for removable disc even though the USB device is not plugged in, may be its an image that I am unable to remove. when I right click on it and select remove, it give me message the device is ready to remove just like if any USB device is connected and I am trying to remove it.

After this when I tried to plug the same USB device to my desktop computer the same error message I got. while, before this the same device was working fine in my desktop computer.

I tried the following available solutions,

1 Uninstalling all the USB root HUB and restarting the system then waiting for window to install all the drivers. then replug the USB devices but got the same error message.

2. opening the device manager went on view menu and selected view hidden files and deleted all the images at the USB section but still unable to solve the problem.

3. shut down the computer and disconnect it from power source and started after 2 minuts (so that everything including motherboard should be restarted) but didn't get the problem solved.


 
 
 
free counters 
HTML Hit Counter