Fedora 10 Joined To Windows Domain Success! Sort of

Sep 29, 2009

I was able to successfully join my Fedora 10 laptop to my Windows Domain. It even created a computer in my Active Directory Users and Computers folder. I followed the instruction from the following link: Fedora Core: Connecting to an ADS Server. I was able to get down towards the bottom of the instructions pertaining to creating a mount point, which I was able to do, but the last part of mounting my ADS Server Directory to which I wish to connect to, was not successful, and to be honest, kind of lost me at that point.

Now I say sort of success, because even though it said in the terminal window Join Succeeded, when I log onto my computer, I’m not able to login with my Windows account, I can only login with the account that I created when I installed Fedora. I also noticed that the name that I gave my Fedora laptop, does not end in my domain name. So I don’t think I did what I was suppose to do, correctly. So I’m off to look at some other instructions that I have, to try and do this.



 
 
 
free counters 
HTML Hit Counter